Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Yuba County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Yuba County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Yuba County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Yuba County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Yuba County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Yuba County is $323,616. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $58,054.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Yuba County, the two most significant flood hazard areas are the Feather River and the Yuba River, both of which pass by Yuba City.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Stephen S. Duckels is the current tax assessor for Yuba County. His office can be reached at 915 8th Street, Suite 101, Marysville, California 95901 and by calling (530) 749-7820.
- The state of California offers incentive programs that expand statewide for new, growing, and relocating businesses. Two of these programs are the California Competes Tax Credit which offers qualifying businesses with a tax credit, and the New employment Credit which offers a tax credit for taxpayers who hire full-time employees. Furthermore, the state offers several other incentives.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 78,668 is 54% White, 29% Hispanic, and 7.3% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 27% under 18 years old and 13% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 26,354 households, with an average of 2.8 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The County has two cities, including the city of Marysville, which serves as the county seat. The other city in the County is the city of Wheatland.
About Yuba County
Captain John Sutter, the namesake for Sutter’s Mill, named Yuba County after the Yuba River. The county, which is part of the Sacramento Metropolitan Area, is located in northern California along the Feather River. Incorporated in 1850, it is one of the original counties of the state.
Famous for being home to the Tahoe National Forest and the Plumas National Forest, large swaths of the county are federally protected ecological areas. With rice fields and fruit orchards scattered throughout the western portion of the county, the area features landscapes that rival any in terms of esthetics throughout the entire state.
Studies suggest that Yuba county has more types of plants growing within its borders than anywhere else in the country. You can see many of them in the Tahoe National Forest, which preserves California’s natural grassland and forest habitats. Whether in K-12 or community college, Yuba County schools are notable for their small class sizes. The community college district also runs an outreach program at Beale Air Force Base, which allows service members to work on their general education requirements while on-base.
Additionally, residents and visitors can head out to Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm and get a pumpkin straight from the patch in the fall. However, the best of all is the Taste of Yuba Festival. There are also wine and beer festivals if you’re looking for something to wash down those delicious local dishes.
Furthermore, to spend a nice day in the sun, be sure to check out one of the beautiful outdoor locations in the County. Collins Lake is a local favorite and offers some of the best swimming, fishing, and boating opportunities. Camping is also available in Sycamore Ranch, Willow Creek, and Lake Minden. Additionally, hikers can enjoy the many hiking trails in the Sutter Buttes, where the beauty of nature is on display.
The county is currently home to 5,882 veterans.
- Military Bases
- Beale Airforce Base – 17849 16th Street, Beale AFB, California 95903.
- Yuba County is home to two VFW post:
- Post 948 Bishop-Langenbach Post – 211 17th Street, Marysville, California 95901.
- Post 4095 Olivehurst Post – 4956 Powerline Road, Olivehurst, California 95961.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- Beale Air Force Base Hospital – 15301 Warren Shingle Road, Beale, California 95903.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Yuba-Sutter County Veteran Service Office – 5730 Packard Avenue, Suite 300, Marysville, California 95901.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
At the moment there are no VA approved condos available in Yuba County. However, it is still possible to get a condo through the condo approval process, just call us at (877) 432-5626.