Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Woodruff County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Woodruff county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Woodruff County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Woodruff County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Woodruff County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for Woodruff County is $43,804. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $32,845.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- At this moment, FEMA does not have digital data available for Woodruff County. However, some areas subject to minimal flooding can be located at zones close to the White River that borders the county on the west side, Cache River that flows in the county’s center, and some of their attached creeks.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- The Woodruff County tax assessor office can be reached at 502 N 3rd St, Augusta, Arkansas, 72006 by calling (870) 347-5151.
- The state of Arkansas provides programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For instance, Act 1042 of 2017 provides an income tax credit for each qualified youth apprentice who is at least 16 years of age and is employed to learn an occupation or is currently an apprenticeship or is at a work-based learning program.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 6,320 is 69% White, 26% Black, and 2.2% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 23% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 2,932 households, with an average of 2.1 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 5 cities or large communities, including Augusta, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns making up this county are McCrory, Cotton Plant, Patterson, and Hunter.
About Woodruff County
Woodruff County is located in eastern Arkansas and is the perfect place for those looking for somewhere quiet to settle down. Take in some of the most beautiful views of the local landscape at any of the nearby lakes, rivers, parks, and more. Take a step back in time by visiting any of the amazing historical landmarks in Woodruff County. Make sure to attend all the exciting events hosted by the local schools.
Make sure to visit all the beautiful outdoor spots in Woodruff County, where you can enjoy some of the best camping and hiking opportunities. The county is home to several beautiful rivers, where you can enjoy excellent fishing and boating opportunities.
Take a relaxing float down the White River for excellent views of the surrounding landscape. Other beautiful waterways flowing through the county include the Cache River, Caney Creek, and Bayou De View. The county is also home to several beautiful campsites and hunting grounds. Visit any of the nearby parks to enjoy picnic shelters and playground equipment.
See amazing architecture at any of the interesting historical landmarks and structures in Woodruff County. The Augusta Commercial Historic District is home to several historic structures, most dating back to the early 20th century. The Augusta Commercial Historic District features 44 amazing structures.
The Ferguson House is a beautiful historic home that has been standing in the county since 1858 and features Greek Revival-style architecture. The Ferguson House is one of the oldest buildings in the area. Other interesting historical landmarks in the county include the Fitzhugh Snapp Company, Gregory House, and Dr. John William Morris Clinic.
All local children and young adults will receive an excellent education in Woodruff County, thanks to the strong education system. The local schools host a variety of exciting events, including sporting events, stage performances, and art showcases. There are a huge variety of clubs and organization that children of all ages are welcome to join!
The county is currently home to 328 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Woodruff County Veteran Service Office – 500 North 3rd Street, #110, Augusta, Arkansas 72006.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Woodruff County. However, it is possible to get a condo through the condo approval process by calling us at (877) 432-5626.