Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About White County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in White county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in White County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the White County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in White County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for White County is $132,362. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $44,029.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in White County, particularly at zones close to Little Red River that runs through the county, Bayou Des Arc, and White River that borders the county to the east. Also, by some of their attached streams such as Big Creek.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Gail Snyder is the White County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 119 W Arch Ave, Searcy, Arkansas, 72143 and by calling (501) 279-6205.
- Arkansas is a state known for its programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For example, Act 1166 of 2011 provides an investment tax credit for any taxpayer incurring costs and expenses because of rehabilitation or development expenditures of eligible central business improvement district property.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 78,753 is 87% White, 4.6% Black, and 4.4% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 23% under 18 years old and 16% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 29,055 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 8 cities or large communities, including Searcy, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns essential to the county’s life are Bald Knob, Beebe, Bradford, Judsonia, Kensett, McRae, and Pangburn.
About White County
Arkansas’ 31st county, White County was officially founded on October 23, 1835, and was named after Hugh Lawson White, who served on the U.S. Supreme Court. The county is a great place to settle down with your family, featuring various excellent shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Home to a huge variety of local attractions, everyone is sure to find something they will love in White County.
Golf-lovers are sure to enjoy the many beautiful courses in the area, including the Riverland Country Club, Lost Creek Golf Club, and Course at River Oaks. Enjoy the amazing stage performances hosted at any of the local theaters, including the Rialto Theater and the HU Ulrey Performing Arts Center. Have a fun weekend night at Super Bowl, which offers many bowling lanes and great concessions.
People of all ages are sure to enjoy the many parks in the area, complete with playground equipment, picnic shelters, and more. Just a few of the local parks include Citizen’s Park, Berryhill Park, and Riverside Park. The county is home to several trails, perfect for hiking and cycling, including the Buckeye National Nature Trail and the Josh Park Memorial Trail. For more outdoor fun, be sure to visit Greers Ferry, Sugarloaf Mountain, Yancy Park, and more!
Every year, the County Fair is a local favorite, offering some of the best local food, children’s activities, stage performances, and more. People of all ages are sure to have a great time at the local Halloween celebration, Trick-or-Treat on the Square. Other popular annual events include Get Down Downtown and more.
The county is currently home to 4,692 veterans.
- Perry County is home to three VFW post:
- Post-2330 Alpha Autry Post – 8999 Hwy 13, Searcy, Arkansas 72143.
- Post 7769 Fred A. Harrell Post – 1405 East Center Street, Beebe, Arkansas 72012.
- Post 10007 Watts & Aunspaugh Post – Bald Knob, Arkansas 72010.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- Searcy VA Clinic – 1120 South Main Street, Searcy, Arkansas 72143.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- White County Veterans Service Office – 411 North Spruce Street, # 102, Searcy, Arkansas 72143.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
At the moment there are no VA-approved condos available in White County. Although it is possible to get a condo through the condo approval process by calling (877) 432-5626.