Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Tulare County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Tulare County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Tulare County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Tulare County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Tulare County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Wait until the appraisal to lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Tulare County is $263,035. In addition, the median household income for residents of the County is $49,687.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Tulare County, there are flood hazard areas located next to bodies of water, including Elk Bayou, Frazier Creek, and the Lower Tule River. Areas around the St. Johns River are also prone to flooding due to their low elevation.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- The tax assessor’s office is at 221 South Mooney Boulevard, Room 102, Visalia, California, 93291, and by calling (559) 636-5100.
- You can also contact the Assessor about appraisals or see if you qualify for property tax exemptions. The County offers them for disabled veterans, homeowner-occupiers, or senior citizens. Buyers can also apply to have the value of existing solar panels excluded from the assessment.
What is the Population?
- The County’s population of 466,195 is 65% Hispanic, 27% White, and 4% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 30% under 18 years old and 11% older than 65.
- In total, the County has about 138,238 households, with an average of 3.3 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The County has eight cities, including the city of Visalia, which serves as the county seat. The seven other cities in the County are Dinuba, Exeter, Farmersville, Lindsay, Porterville, Tulare, and Woodlake.
About Tulare County
With a population that has been influenced by thousands of years worth of indigenous people, Tulare County is an eclectic place with a unique array of visible cultures. Originally home to American Natives, many groups have claimed the area as their own. In the eighteenth century, Spain left a lasting imprint by establishing numerous missions throughout Tulare. Next, it belonged to Mexico, and finally, in 1848, the area was absorbed into the boundaries of America.
Tulare has always prided itself on its diverse population. A great source of county satisfaction is Allensworth, a farming community created in 1908, known for being the only twentieth-century community in the state entirely operated and financed by Black Americans.
The dairy industry is the main economic force of the County. The sale of milk products brings in annual revenue of more significant than a billion dollars annually. Early in the previous decade, Tulare was known as the most productive agricultural county in the entire country. Since 1968, Tulare city has held the largest agricultural exposition in the world annually.
The County is currently home to 14,633 veterans.
- Tulare County is home to three VFW post:
- Post-1864 Sequoia Post – 609 West Center Street, Visalia, California 93292.
- Post-2002 Tulare Post – 1771 East Tulare Avenue, Tulare, California 93274.
- VA Medical Centers in the County:
- Tulare VA Clinic – 1050 North Cherry Street, Tulare, California 93274.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Tulare County Veterans Services Office – 3348 West Mineral King Avenue, Visalia, California 93291.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): OAK PARK VILLAS (000168)|
Address: 4621 W SCHOOL AVE
VISALIA CA 93291
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 10/22/2015
Review Completion Date: 01/06/2016