Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Trinity County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Trinity County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Trinity County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Trinity County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Trinity County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock-in your interest rates
- Wait until the appraisal to lock-in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Trinity County is $293,532. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $40,846.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Trinity county, there are flood hazard areas in areas surrounding Hayfork Creek, Trinity River, and Weaver Creek. In addition, there are flood-prone areas all over the many small creeks that cover the county.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Shanna S. White is the trinity county tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 11 Court Street P.O. box 1255 Weaverville, California 96093 or by calling (530) 623-1257.
- The state of California offers various incentive programs that expand statewide for new, growing, and relocating businesses. Two of these programs are California Competes Tax Credit which offers qualifying businesses tax credit, and the New employment Credit program, which provides a tax credit for taxpayers who hire full-time employees. These and many other programs help in further diversifying the state’s economy.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population is 12,285; 81% of the population is White, with 7% Hispanic and 5% American Indian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 17% under 18 years old and 28% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 5,939 households, with an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has twelve Census-designated places, including the community of Weaverville, which serves as the county seat.
About Trinity County
Established in 1850 when California became a state, much of the original area that belonged to Trinity County was part of Klamath County and Humboldt County in 1852 and 1853. Today, the county is primarily known as home to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest and Trinity Alps area. The national forest is the largest in California, and the Alps are the second-largest wilderness area in the state.
Located in the northwest part of California, Trinity County has a vast area of underdeveloped land and no highways. Trinity County claims no incorporated cities and only has an area of 3,207 square miles.
Resulting from a large amount of forest, many people visit the county during the summer, enjoying many outdoor activities. The mountainous area offers breathtaking land for mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, fishing, gold panning, and more. If you enjoy hunting, the county is home to many deer herds that roam the dense forests.
Finally, the county is also home to various outdoor activities, from hiking its miles of trails to bird watching at the Trinity Alps Wilderness. In addition, the Trinity River offers the opportunity for recreational water activities like rafting, boating, and trophy fishing.
The county is currently home to 1,150 veterans.
- Trinity County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 7705 Weaverville Post – 100 Memorial Drive, Weaverville, California 96093.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Trinity County Services Office – 51 Memorial Drive, Veteran’s Memorial Hall, Weaverville, California 96093.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Trinity County. It is still possible to get a condo through the approval process. Give us a call at (877) 432-5626, and we will assist you through the process.