Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Sutter County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Sutter county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Sutter County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Sutter County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Sutter County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31st, 2021, the median home value for Sutter County is $361,352. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $59,050.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- About half of Sutter County is considered a flood hazard area. Mostly due to irrigation of its farmlands.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Todd Retzloff is the Sutter county tax assessor. His office can be reached at 1190 Civic Center Blvd. Tuba City, California 95993. In addition, his office can also be reached by calling (530) 822-7160.
- The state of California offers various incentive programs that expand statewide for new, growing, and relocating businesses. Two of these programs are California Competes Tax Credit which offers qualifying businesses tax credit and the New employment Credit program which offers a tax credit for taxpayers who hire full-time employees. These and many other programs help in further diversifying the state’s economy.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, Sutter County’s population is 96,971 which includes about 6,129 Moreover, demographically speaking, 45% of the population is White, with 31% Hispanic, and 17% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 25% under 18 years old and 15% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 32,360 households, with an average of three people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has two cities, including Yuba city which serves as the county seat, and Live Oak.
About Sutter County
Originally home to the Maidu Indians, the county is one of the original counties in California having been created in 1850. In addition, Sutter County was named after John Augustus Sutter, one of the first people to recognize the Sacramento Valleys’ potential as an agricultural empire.
Today, the county is home to the largest dried fruit processing plant in the world. In addition, the county is home to employment industries like healthcare, retail trade, and agriculture. Therefore, the most common occupations in the county are in the office, sales, and management sections.
Educationally speaking, the county is home to eight school districts which range from pre-k to senior year in high school. In addition, the county has higher education opportunities like Cambridge Junior College-Yuba City and Sutter Beauty College.
In addition to its workforce and educational institutions, the county is also home to several artistic and cultural institutions like Community Memorial Museum. In addition, the county is home to several recreational facilities like Live Oak Park which is open for camping with picnic tables, firepits, and barbeque.
Finally, the county is also host to annual celebration events like the Sikh Parade, which stretches for 4.5 miles, and the California Swan festival. The county is a great place to live in and raise a family.
The county is currently home to 6,129 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Ube-Sutter Counties Veteran Service Office – 5730 Packard Ave. #300, Marysville, CA 95901.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are currently no VA-approved condos available within Sutter County. However, it is still possible to get a condo through the approval process. Call us at (877) 432-5626 and we will assist you through the process.