Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Stone County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Stone county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Stone County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Stone County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Stone County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Stone County is $116,527. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $38,188.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Presently, there is no available data for Stone County from FEMA. Nonetheless, there could be some minimal flood hazard areas at zones close to the White River that borders the county to the northeast and its attached streams.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Heather Stevens is the Stone County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 108 W Washington St, Mountain View, Arkansas, 72560. Additionally, Heather’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 269-3524.
- As part of a tax relief program, homeowners in Arkansas may receive up to a $350.00 property tax credit on their homesteads. Eligibility for the credit is confined to a homeowner’s principal place of residence. A homeowner is any resident who the registered owner of in record, by deed or by the recorded sales contract, or the beneficiary of a revocable trust owning the homestead.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 12,506 is 94% White, 2.9% Hispanic, and 1.9% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 19% under 18 years old and 27% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 4,787 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 3 large cities or communities, including Mountain View, which serves as the county seat. The towns are View and Fifty-Six.
About Stone County
If you are looking for the perfect place to settle down with your family, then look no further than Stone County. Located in northern Arkansas, Stone County is home to some of the most beautiful outdoor spots, including state parks, lakes, and hiking trails. Make sure to attend all the exciting events held in the county. Stone County was officially founded on April 21, 1873, and was named after the amazing rock formations in the area.
Take in some of the best views of the Arkansas landscape at any of the scenic outdoor spots in Stone County. Go on a tour of the amazing Blanchard Springs Caverns, which provide excellent views of rock formations. Lighted paths and paved trails are available at the Caverns.
Also, bring your friends and family to the beautiful Stone County Recreational Park, which provides playground equipment, picnic shelters, walking paths, and more. Buffalo River National Park provides some of the best opportunities for canoeing and fishing. Other beautiful outdoor spots in the area include the Ozark St. Francis National Forest and the Syllamo Mountain Bike Trail.
Every year the county host several local and international acts at the Mountain View Gospel Opry, which provides free admission and special guests. Take a step back in time by seeing a movie from the comfort of your car at the Stone Drive-In Theatre. Fans of golfing are sure to enjoy the beautiful Pine Hills Golf Course. Other great attractions in the county include the City Park Stone Amphitheater and the Gunner Pool Recreation Area.
Furthermore, each year in April, the Arkansas Folk Festival celebrates the culture of the county with musical performances, art showcases, woodworking, and more. Additional exciting events held in the county include the Mountain View Iris Festival and the Mountain View Bluegrass Festival.
The county is currently home to 1,040 veterans.
- Perry County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 4766 Rosa-Moore-Stewart Post – 19757 Hwy #5-9-14, Mountain View, Arkansas 72560.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Mountain View Veteran Service Office – 107 West Main Street, Suite F, Mountain View, Arkansas 72560.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are no VA-approved condos available in Stone County, Arkansas. However, it is still possible to get a condo approved in the county by calling (877) 432-5626 where we will assist you in the condo approval process.