Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Sevier County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Sevier county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Sevier County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Sevier County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Sevier County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for Sevier County is $103,464. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $47,704.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Currently, the official channels do not provide digital data for Sevier County. Nonetheless, it is possible to find areas prone to flooding at zones close to water bodies or waterways such as Millwood Lake, Saline River, Robinson Creek, Blacks Branch, and Buck Creek.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Robert Gentry is the Sevier County tax assessor. His office can be reached at 115 N 3rd St #117, De Queen, Arkansas, 71832. Additionally, Robert’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 642-2127.
- For many years, Amendment 79, which Arkansas voters passed, is a law that allows a credit of up to $350 on the general taxes of an eligible taxpayer’s primary residence.
- In Arkansas, veterans can receive tax exemptions. For instance, A disabled veteran who has been awarded special monthly compensation by the Department of Veterans Affairs for service-connected one hundred percent total and permanent disability shall be exempt from payment of all state taxes on the homestead and personal property owned by the veteran.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 17,007 is 56% White, 34% Hispanic, and 4.2% Black.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 28% under 18 years old and 14% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 5,885 households, with an average of 2.8 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 5 large cities and towns, including De Queen, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns essential to the county’s life are Lockesburg, Horatio, Gillham, and Ben Lomond.
About Sevier County
Founded on October 17, 1828, Sevier County, Arkansas got its name after Ambrose Sevier. The county is located on the southwestern edge of Arkansas and is a great place to call home, thanks to the many great local resources and attractions. In addition, the county is home to several beautiful outdoor spots which give visitors some great views of the Arkansas landscape.
Nature-lovers are sure to enjoy the many beautiful waterways, parks, and more in Sevier County. Cossatot River State Park is home to miles of scenic trails, perfect for hiking and mountain biking. Fans of camping are sure to love the many beautiful campsites in Cossatot River State Park where they can get excellent views of the local wildlife at the Pond Creek National Wildlife Refuge. Pond Creek is also a great place for fishing.
Learn about local history at any of the amazing historical landmarks in and nearby Sevier County. The Bishop Brookes House was built by a local drug store owner in the early 1920s and features a beautiful Colonial Revival-style architecture. Additionally, the House was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 18, 1999.
The DeQueen Commercial Historic District is home to many interesting historical structures, most dating back to the early 1900s. Just a few of the structures featured in the DeQueen Commercial Historic District include the Hayes Hardware Building and the Bank of DeQueen.
Furthermore, residents and visitors can enjoy one of the local home-cooking restaurants, including Country Girls Café and Ranch House Café, for some of your favorite American classics. The county is also home to great pizza, ethnic dining, and fast-food options.
The county is currently home to 908 veterans.
- Perry County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 4521 Porter-Devasier Post – 513 N 8th Street, De Queen, Arkansas 71832.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Sevier County Veterans Service Office – 115 North 3rd Street, Room 116, De Queen, Arkansas 71832.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
At the moment, no VA-approved condos currently exist in Sevier County. Although it is possible to get a condo through the condo approval process by calling (877) 432-5626.