SBA Disaster Loans
|San Diego County is currently eligible for SBA Disaster Loans for Emotional Injury. These loans provide up to $2 million to help small businesses stay open and pay their bills after a disaster. You do not need to have suffered property damage to qualify for an Economic Injury Loan.|
The current deadlines to apply for SBA Emotional Injury Loans in San Diego County are:
–Civil Unrest (05/26/2020 and continuing)
Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About San Diego County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $753,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in San Diego county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in San Diego County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the San Diego County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in San Diego County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock-in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock-in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31st, 2020, the median home value for San Diego County is $628,519. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $74,855 which is more than the national average.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In San Diego county, there are flood hazard areas along the Tijuana River, the Sweetwater River, and the San Diego River. All of which are located along highly populated areas of the county. In addition, there are other flood hazard areas along the San Dieguito River and the San Elijo Lagoon, both of which are located around lesser populated areas.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Ernest J. Dronenburg, JR. is the San Diego county tax assessor. His office can be reached at 9225 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92123. In addition, his office can also be reached by calling (858) 538-9384.
- The state of California offers incentive programs that expand statewide for new, growing, and relocating businesses. Two of these programs are the California Competes Tax Credit which offers qualifying businesses with a tax credit, and the New employment Credit which offers a tax credit for taxpayers who hire full-time employees. Furthermore, the state offers several other programs to further diversify the state’s economy.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, San Diego County’s population is 3,338,330 which has seen a 7% increase in the last decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 45% of the population is White, with 34% Hispanic, and 12% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 14% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 1,118,980 households, with an average of three people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has eighteen cities, including the city of San Diego which serves as the county seat. The seventeen other cities in the county are Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, Oceanside, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, and Vista
About San Diego County
Today, San Diego County, California is home to 16 naval and military installations. In addition, the local economy includes the production of agricultural goods like avocados and nursery crops, a strong tourism industry, and a growing manufacturing industry. However, the biggest employment industries in the county are health care, scientific/ technical services, and retail trade. Hence, the most common types of employment are in the sales, administrative, and management sectors.
In order to further diversify the local economy, the county’s business incentive program offers incentives that are meant to promote economic growth, attraction, and retention of mid-sized businesses. Moreover, there are three ways to qualify for the program. These are: creating/retaining 10 jobs, create/retain 3 jobs in a low to moderate income area, or make a 5-million-dollar investment.
When it comes to education, the county is home to the San Diego Unified School Districts which includes 113 elementary schools, 23 middle schools, and 27 high schools, as well as 25 charter schools, and 10 alternative schools. In addition, the county is also home to several higher education institutions like the University of California San Diego, San Diego State University, and California State University- San Marcos.
In addition to its work and educational institutions, the county is also home to multiple recreational areas like the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and Belmont Park. In addition, there are beaches which run along most of the county’s coast and see millions of visitors who enjoy the county’s mild weather.
Finally, the county is also rich with cultural and historical institutions like the San Diego Museum of Art, the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum, and the San Diego Convention Center which is home to the annual San Diego Comic-Con Conference. Furthermore, the county is also home to a huge beer crafting industry and sporting arena in Petco Park where several events are held.
San Diego County is known as a military town with a current veteran population of 223,217.
- Bases Nearby
- Naval Base San Diego – 3455 Senn St, San Diego, CA 92136
- Naval Amphibious Base Coronado – 3632 Tulagi Rd, Coronado, CA 92118
- Naval Air Station North Island – San Diego, CA 92135
- Naval Base Point Loma – 140 Sylvester Rd, San Diego, CA 92106
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPARWAR)
- Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar -Mitscher Way, Building #2258, San Diego, CA 92145
- Coast Guard Air Station – 2710 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
- San Diego County is home to 26 VFW Post
- Post 3788 Lcdr Arnold E. Betcher Kearny Mesa – 7785 Othello Ave, San Diego, CA 92111
- Post 3787 Mission Valley – 4370 Twain Avenue, San Diego, CA 92120
- Post 5985 Pacific Beach – 853 Turquoise Street, San Diego, CA 92109
- Post 1774 Osmond K. Ingram Ship – 8118 University Ave, La Mesa, CA 91942
- Post 7420 Don Diego – 2100 Logan Ave. San Diego, CA 92113.
- Post 2082 Michael A. Monsoor – 2885 Lemon Grove Ave. Lemon Grove, CA 91945.
- Post 1512 Encanto – 6873 Federal Blvd, Lemon Grove, CA 91945
- Post 9327 Santee – 8516 N. Magnolia Ave, Ste 203, Santee, CA 92071.
- Post 4630 National City Southeast – 1401 Highland Ave., National City, CA 91950.
- Post 2422 General Henry D Styer – 557 Orange Ave. Coronado, CA 92118.
- Post 2275 Sable – 136 Chambers St. El Cajon, CA 92020.
- Post 11387 Thomas G. Gravelle St. – 2312 Reo Drive, San Diego, CA 92139.
- Post 7907 Lt. Fred Lewis Kent – 12342 Old Pomerado Road, Poway, CA 92064.
- Post CDR Jack E. Carleton – 299 I Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
- Post 4851 Asian Pacific – 1260 Third Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91911.
- Post 7766 Major Abraham J. Baum Post – 16955 Bernardo Oaks Dr., San Diego, CA 92128.
- Post 5431 Col. Frank M. Brezina Post – 411 North Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA 92075.
- Post 5477 Silver Strand – 123 Palm Ave. Imperial Beach, CA 91932.
- Post 1513 John R. Simpson – 230 E Park Ave., Escondido, CA 92025.
- Post 9578 Bert Fuller – 844 Tavern Rd. Alpine, CA 91901.
- Post 3795 San Marcos Memorial – 212 W. Mission Road, San Marcos, CA 92069.
- Post 3783 Private First Class Archie G. Mc Arthur – 2247 Kelly Ave. Ramona, CA 92065.
- Post 7041 Sgt. Maj Ralph E. Gibbs, Jr – 1234 South Santa Fe Ave., Vista, CA 92084.
- Post 10577 Oceanside Memorial – 444 Country Club Lane, Oceanside, CA 92054.
- Post 2080 Lt. John W. Finn – 301 Sheridan Road, Campo, CA 91906.
- Post 1924 Charles E. Swisher – 1175 Old Stage Road Fallbrook, CA 92028.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- VA San Diego Healthcare System – 3350 La Jolla Village Sr., San Diego, CA 92161.
- San Diego VA Domiciliary – 2121 San Diego Avenue, The Aspire Center, San Diego, CA 92110.
- Rio Clinic – 8989 Rio San Diego, Suite 360, San Diego, CA 92108.
- Chula Vista VA Clinic – 865 3rd Avenue, Suite 133, and Suite 112, Chula Vista, CA 91911.
- Mission Valley VA Clinic – 8810 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108.
- Sorrento Valley Clinic – 10455 Sorrento Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92121.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Chula Vista Vet Center – 180 Otay Lakes Road, Suite 108 Bonita, CA 91902.
- San Diego Vet Center – 2790 Truxtun Road, Suite 130, San Diego, CA 92106.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos (numbers)
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter A
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter B
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter C
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter D
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter E
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter F
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter G
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter H
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter I
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letters J & K
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter L
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter M
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letters N & O
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter P
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letters Q & R
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter S
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letter T
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letters U & V
San Diego VA Loan Approved Condos Letters W- Z
- California VA Loan Information: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/california-va-home-loan-limits/
- VA Loan Information by State:https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/va-loan-limit-maximum-va-loan-amount/
- San Diego Property Search: https://www.coolehome.org/