Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Saline County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Saline county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Saline County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Saline County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Saline County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 2021, the median home value for Clay County is $59,149. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $37,233.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in Saline County, particularly at the lake areas on the northwest side of the county and some zones close to waterways such as the Saline River and its attached streams such as Fourche Creek, Owen Creek, and Logan Creek.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Bob Ramsey is the Saline County tax assessor. His office can be reached at 200 N. Main Street, Suite 117, Benton, Arkansas, 72015 by calling (501) 303-5622.
- As part of a tax relief program, homeowners in Arkansas may receive up to a $350.00 property tax credit on their homesteads. Eligibility for the credit is confined to a homeowner’s principal place of residence. A homeowner is any resident who the registered owner of in record, by deed or by the recorded sales contract, or the beneficiary of a revocable trust owning the homestead.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 122,437 is 83% White, 8.4% Black, and 521% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 23% under 18 years old and 18% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 44,075 households, with an average of 2.6 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has six cities or large communities, including Benton, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns that make up this county are Alexander, Bryant, Haskell, Shannon Hills, and Traskwood.
About Saline County
Saline County, Arkansas was established on November 2, 1835, the county was named after the brine springs in the county. The beauty of the Arkansas landscape is on display in the county with many scenic outdoor spots.
The Ouachita National Forest is the perfect place to enjoy all your favorite outdoor activities, including camping, hiking, and bird watching. Along the trails in the Ouachita National Forest, you can get great views of local wildlife, rock formations, and more. Lyle Park offers great sights of a local river and is a favorite for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Other beautiful outdoor spots in the county include the Lake Lago Lookout and Tyndall Park.
Take in views of amazing local architecture at any of the historical landmarks and structures in Saline County. The Benton Commercial Historic District is home to many amazing structures, some dating back to 1902. There are 53 structures located along with the Benton Commercial Historic District, including the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Building and the Royal Theatre. The Dr. T.E. Buffington House has been standing since 1928 and features an English Revival style architecture. The beautiful Old River Bridge overlooks the Saline River and has been standing since September 15, 1977. Other historic landmarks in the area include the Andrew Hunter House and the Pleasant Hill Methodist Church.
Everyone is sure to find a way to have fun in Saline County, thanks to the many attractions in and nearby! The Royal Theatre is a beautiful historic structure that has been standing in the county since 1948 and currently hosts stage performances. The county is also home to a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
The county is currently home to 8,988 veterans.
- Perry County is home to two VFW post:
- Post-2256 Raymond Mc Gill Post – 5323 Sleepy Village Road, Benton, Arkansas 72015.
- Post 10483 Hot Springs Village Post – 5110 North Hwy 7, Hot Springs Village, Arkansas 71910.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- Hot Springs VA Clinic – 177 Sawtooth Oak Street, Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Saline County Veterans Service Office – 200 North Main Street, Benton, Arkansas 72015.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are no VA-approved condos in Saline County. However, it is possible to get a condo approved in the county by calling us at (877) 432-5625 where our team of real estate experts can assist you in getting a condo through the condo approval process.