Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Prairie County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Prairie county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Prairie County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Prairie County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Prairie County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
- As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Prairie County is $78,448. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $42,660.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- At the moment, there is data available for Prairie County provided by FEMA. Understandably, however, some areas subject to minimal flooding could be located close to some water bodies and waterways such as Lake Peckerwood, White River, Cache River, East Branch Raft Creek, and some of their attached streams.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Jeannie Lott is the Prairie County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 200 Courthouse Square Des Arc, Arkansas, 72040. Additionally, Jeannie’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 256-4692.
- The state of Arkansas has excellent programs and laws to create incentives for those who want to invest in the state and create jobs. For example, the Affordable Housing Act provides an income tax credit for any business firm engaged in providing affordable housing.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 8,062 is 84% White, 11% Black, and 2% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 20% under 18 years old and 23% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 3,776 households, with an average of 2 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 5 large cities or communities, including Des Arc, DeValls Bluff, both serving as the county´s seat. The other significant towns, although smaller, still play a vital role in the county are Hazen, Biscoe, and Ulm.
About Prairie County
Welcome to the beautiful area of Prairie County, which is in eastern Arkansas and is home to some of the friendliest people. This is due to the scenic outdoor spots throughout the county, where you can see amazing local wildlife, learn about the local history, and check out all the interesting historical landmarks and structures. The county was officially founded on November 25, 1846, and was named after the beautiful Grand Prairie.
When it comes to education, children and young adults are sure to receive an excellent education in Prairie County. The local schools provide a variety of afterschool programs, designed to release your child’s creativity. Many sports teams are available for children to join, including football, volleyball, and baseball.
Outside of school, the beautiful Arkansas landscape has many scenic outdoor spots in Prairie County. The majestic White River flows through the county, which provides excellent opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and swimming. The River is home to a multitude of fish species, making it a favorite of local fishermen.
Other beautiful waterways flowing through the county include the Cache River, Cypress Bayou, Bayou Des Arc, and more. The county is also home to several city parks, complete with playground equipment, picnic shelters, walking paths, and more. For some fun on the weekend, visit one of the local campsites or hunting grounds.
Furthermore, you can learn about the interesting local history of Prairie County at any of the historical landmarks or structures. The Bedford Brown Bethell House is a beautiful historic home that has been standing in the county since 1912 and features a Colonial Revival style architecture. The House was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 4, 1978.
The county is currently home to 549 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information.
- Des Arc Veterans Service Office – P.O. Box 60, Des Arc, Arkansas 72040.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Prairie County. However, it is possible to get a condo through the VA approval process. All you need to do is call us at (877) 432-5626 and we will assist you through the process.