Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Pope County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Pope county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Pope County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Pope County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Pope County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Pope County is $136,357. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $43,462.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in Pope County, particularly on the south side of the county where the Arkansas River is located and its affluent waterways such as Lake Dardanelle and Illinois Bayou.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Dana Baker is the Pope County, tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 100 W Main St, Russellville, Arkansas, 72801. Additionally, Dana’s office can also be reached by calling (479)968-7418.
- As part of a tax relief program, homeowners in Arkansas may receive up to a $350.00 property tax credit on their homesteads. Eligibility for the credit is confined to a homeowner’s principal place of residence. A homeowner is any resident who the registered owner of in record, by deed or by the recorded sales contract, or the beneficiary of a revocable trust owning the homestead.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 64,072 is 83% White, 9.6% Hispanic, and 3.3% Black.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 22% under 18 years old and 16% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 22,579 households, with an average of 2.6 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 4 large cities and communities, including Russellville, which serves as the county seat. Other significant towns making up the county are London, Dover, and Atkins.
About Pope County
Located in northern Arkansas, Pope County was officially established on November 2, 1829, and was named after John Pope, who served as the United States Senator. Today, there is a huge diversity of attractions in the county, where everyone is sure to find something that they enjoy doing. Make sure to check out all the beautiful outdoor areas in the county, great for hiking, camping, and fishing.
Everyone is sure to find something they will love in Pope County, thanks to many different attractions. Russellville Skate Station is a great place for people of all ages, which hosts special events and can be rented for private parties.
Moreover, the Wall is a great place for fun and exercise, offering a safe environment to experience the excitement of rock climbing! Other popular attractions in the county include UEC Theaters, Extreme Paintball & Laser Tag, and many shopping options.
Visit all the beautiful outdoor spots in Pope County, where you can take in some of the beauty provided by nature. Mt. Magazine State Park offers some of the best views of local forests and mountains, and is a popular place for rock climbing, and camping. If you are a fan of hiking or cycling, then be sure to visit the Bona Dea Trails, which features views of over 186 acres of Arkansas landscape.
Additionally, Pope County hosts a variety of exciting events throughout the year that can’t be missed. Celebrate the holidays at the Russellville Christmas Parade, which features an amazing float and an appearance by Santa Claus. The Pope County Fair is a local favorite, featuring great food, live music, and children’s activities.
The county is currently home to 4,282 veterans.
- Perry County is home to one VFW post:
- Post-2283 Rogers-Rye Post – 4162 N. Arkansas Ave. Russellville, Arkansas 72802.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- Russellville VA Clinic – 3106 West 2nd Court, Russellville, Arkansas 72801.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Pope County Veterans Service Office – 107 West B Street, Russellville, Arkansas 72801.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are no VA-approved condos currently in Pope County. Although if you’re still interested in getting a condo in the county, give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we will assist you through the condo approval process.