Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Orange County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $822,375 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Orange county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Orange County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Orange County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Orange County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Orange County is $841,137. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $90,234, which is much higher than the national average.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Orange County, there are few flood hazard areas, with the most significant ones being along the coast and the many rivers, lakes, and wetlands.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- For questions about property tax, you can get in touch with the Orange County Assessor, Claude Parrish. He has offices in Orange and in Mission Viejo which is at 500 S. Main Street 2nd Floor Orange, CA 92868, and Mission Viejo City Hall 200 Civic Center Mission Viejo, CA 92691, or by calling (714) 834-2727.
- Veterans, owner-occupiers, and senior citizens may be eligible for property tax relief. You can find out whether you qualify through the county assessor. In addition, the Assessor’s Office can do re-appraisals to determine property values and flood risks.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 3,175,692 is 39% White, 34% Hispanic, and 21% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 15% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 1,032,373 households, with an average of three people per household.
What are the major cities?
The largest city in Orange County is Anaheim, with a population of over 350,000. Other notable cities in this densely populated county include the county seat in the City of Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, Fullerton, and Mission Viejo.
About Orange County
Orange County is home to the fifth-largest city in California, the City of Orange. However, there is more to the county than just its largest city. Communities in the county range from urban to totally rural. In addition, you can find everything from farmland to redwood forests. Orange County offers both economic opportunity and beautiful scenery.
Located in Southern California, just between Los Angeles and San Diego, Orange County was once famous for its orange groves. These days, it’s more famous for its beaches and its city life. Plus, of course, being the home of the happiest place on earth – Disneyland.
Additionally, thanks to the near-perfect weather, residents of Orange County spend a lot of time outdoors and in the sun. For people who love thrills, theme parks like Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm provide hours of fun. Those who live life at a more relaxed pace love the local beaches and museums.
Furthermore, the county also offers plenty of city locales, each with its own atmosphere. While many residents commute to LA or San Diego, there are as many ways to work and live in Orange County as there are cities. Plus, the area is an educational hub. There are over 60 high schools, two state universities, and several private colleges.
The county is currently home to 112,264 veterans.
- Orange County is home to eight VFW post:
- Post 10694 Santa Ana – 1404 N Grand Ave. Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- Post 3173 Anaheim – 805 East Sycamore Street, Anaheim, CA 92805.
- Post 3670 Kazuo Masuda Memorial – 12942 Dale Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841.
- Post 8954 2LT Walter D. Ehlers Memorial – 8071 Whitaker Street, Buena Park, CA 90621.
- Post 5384 Brea Post – 495 S. Brea Blvd. Brea, CA 92821.
- Post 9557 West Orange County – 15155 Springdale Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92649.
- Post 5868 Laguna Beach – 384 Legion Street, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.
- Post 6024 Edward J. Kearns – 24932 Veterans Way, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
- VA Medical Centers in the county:
- Anaheim VA Clinic – 2569 West Woodland Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801.
- East Los Angeles VA Clinic – 5426 East Olympic Boulevard, Commerce, CA 90022.
- North Orange County Vet Center – 12453 Lewis Street, Suite 101, Garden Grove, CA 92840.
- Laguna Hills VA Clinic – 23719 Moulton Parkway, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.
- South Orange County Vet Center – 26431 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 100, Mission Viejo, CA 92691.
- Santa Ana VA Clinic – 1506 Brookhollow Drive, Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Orange County Veteran Services Office – 1300 S. Grand Avenue, Building B, Rm 247, Santa Ana, CA 92705.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (#-B)
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (C-E)
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (F-L)
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (M-P)
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (Q-T)
- Orange County VA Loan Approved Condos (U-Z)