Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Newton County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Newton county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Newton County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Newton County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Newton County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Newton County is $127,949. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $38,082.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Currently, FEMA does not have digital data available for Newton County. Nonetheless, there are some minimal flood hazard areas at zones lose to waterways such as Buffalo River, Little Buffalo River, and its attached creeks.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Stephen Willis is the Newton County tax assessor. His office can be reached at 100 E Court St, Jasper, Arkansas, 72641. Additionally, Stephen’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 446-2937.
- The state of Arkansas provides incentives for investments and job-creating companies. For example, they can become eligible for one or more of the following programs: Income Tax credit to qualified companies, Tax Credit based on the percentage of the payroll of any new employees hired (payroll includes wages, overtime, and bonuses, Tax Credit can be earned annually for a period of 5 years, and a company can offset 50% of its income tax liability.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 7,753 is 93% White, 2.6% Mixed Race, and 1.9% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 19% under 18 years old and 27% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 2,936 households, with an average of 2.6 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has one large city that also serves as the county seat, namely Jasper. Another smaller town but also essential to the county is Western Grove. Most of the county’s landscape is rural and filled with mountains.
About Newton County
Newton County is a beautiful piece of the Arkansas landscape that is located in the northern area of the state. The county features a multitude of different attractions, where people of all ages are sure to have a great time. Make sure to check out all the amazing outdoor spots in the county, where you can take in some of the best views of the local landscape.
Historically, this county has remained with a low population and has been inhabited by Native Americans. Moreover, the Big Buffalo Valley Historic District features that date back to prehistoric settlers, as well as those early Native American residents.
The county is also full of fun attractions which include the Ozark Folk Center is a great place to see local art made by talented local artists. The Center also features crafts, pottery, and musical performances. Exciting performances and art exhibits are also available and showcased at the Ozark Heritage Arts Center. Other great attractions in the area include Concert Vineyards, the Boone County Heritage Museum, Eureka Springs Gardens, and much more.
When it comes to educational opportunities, the county is home to five public schools. For higher educational opportunities, the county is also home to the University of Arkansas and North Arkansas Community College.
The low populated factor allows for unique natural surroundings around the Buffalo National River. In fact, there are 3 Wilderness units, including the Lower and Upper Buffalo Wilderness and the Ponca Wilderness.
Finally, these natural regions are perfect for outdoor and nature fans. Many come here to enjoy camping, fishing, hunting, and experiencing the wild by foot, canoe, or horseback.
The county is currently home to 568 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Newton County Veterans Service Office – Jasper, Arkansas 72641.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Newton County. However, it is possible to get a condo through the condo approval process. Just give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we will assist you through the process.