Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Mississippi County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Mississippi county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Mississippi County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Mississippi County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Mississippi County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Mississippi County is $57,666. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $39,962.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in Mississippi County, particularly at zones close to the Big Lake National Wildlife Refuge and the Mississippi River that stretches on the county’s eastern boundary and its attached waterways.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Harley L Bradley is the Mississippi County, tax assessor. His office can be reached at PO Box 629, Blytheville, Arkansas, 72316. Additionally, Harley’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 763-6860.
- As a homeowner, Amendment 79 and Act 142 provide that tax relief to make them eligible to receive up to $350.00 tax credit on the property that is their principal residence. Also, homeowners who are 65 years of age or older or 100% disabled may receive a freeze on their assessed value, so their taxes do not increase over the years. Mobile homeowners are also eligible.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 40,651 is 58% White, 35% Black, and 4.4% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 26% under 18 years old and 15% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 16,389 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least seven cities and large communities, including Blytheville, which serves as the county seat. Some of the other cities and towns are Gosnell, Joiner, Keiser, Leachville, Manila, and Osceola.
About Mississippi County
Mississippi County was formed in 1833 and received its name after the famous and mighty river that holds the same name. According to several archeological findings, before the first European settlers arrived in this region, many Native Indian communities inhabited this area.
Thanks to its fertile soil and abundant waterways, the county has been notorious for its agricultural sector. Some of the most significant crops have been corn, soybeans, cotton, and rice.
Additionally, the county is also home to miles of scenic trails, the Big Lake National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see amazing local wildlife. Big Lake itself is a great place for boating, fishing, swimming, and all other aquatic activities. Bring your family to Walker Park on a nice day, which features picnic shelters, playground equipment, walking paths, and more!
Have some fun in your free time at any of the local attractions in Mississippi County. Hampson Archeological Museum State Park features many amazing historic exhibits that any history buff is sure to enjoy. The museum at Hampson Archeological Museum State Park is home to artifacts from an aboriginal palisaded village.
Explore the Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Visitor Center to learn more about one of America’s most famous musicians. Duncan Wall Water Park is a local favorite during the summer, featuring a large pool, water slides, diving boards, and more. Other excellent local attractions include Jungle Jim’s Metal T-Rex and the Arkansas Welcome Center.
Be sure to attend all the exciting events hosted by the school districts in Mississippi County, including sporting events and stage performances. The county is served by seven great school districts, so there is sure to be a school convenient to your home. There are many educational resources in the county, including libraries, tutoring programs, and more.
The county is currently home to 2.281 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Mississippi County Veteran Service Office – 200 W Hale Ave. #308, Osceola, Arkansas 72370.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are currently no VA-approved condos available in Mississippi County Arkansas. For more information about the approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.