Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Marion County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Marion county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Marion County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Marion County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Marion County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Marion County is $130,180. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $36,719.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- At the moment, there is no digital data available for Marion County. Of course, there is a possibility to find minimal flood hazard areas by Bull Shoals Lake on the north side, as well as by the White River to the east side and some attached creeks and streams to them.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Tonya Eppes is the Marion County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 300 E. Old Main St. Yellville, Arkansas, 72687. Additionally, Tonya’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 449-4113.
- In Arkansas, homeowners may receive a homestead property tax credit of up to $375 per year and must apply for the credit with the county assessor’s office to receive such a benefit.
- Furthermore, this benefit for homeowners is for those who are the property’s record owner, a buyer under a recorded sales contract, or a person holding a registered life estate in the property. Also, nursing homes or retirement center residents who still own their residence may continue to qualify for the homestead tax credit under certain circumstances.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 16,694 is 93% White, 2.4% Hispanic, and 2.1% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 18% under 18 years old and 29% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 6,782 households, with an average of 2.4 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 4 large cities, including Yellville, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns that are essential to the county’s life are Bull Shoals, Flippin, and Summit.
About Marion County
Marion County, which is located on the northern edge of Arkansas, and is home to the friendliest locals. A variety of fun and exciting attractions can be found all over the county, perfect for people of all ages. Enjoy all your favorite outdoor activities at any of the scenic outdoor spots in and nearby the county. Marion County was officially founded on September 25, 1836, and named after Francis Marion, who fought in the American Revolutionary War.
The Ozark Folk Center is a great spot to see local arts and crafts. The Folk Center also hosts various outstanding performances and events, each designed to preserve local culture. Other popular attractions in the county include the Raimondo Winery, Diamond Hills Country Club, and many more.
Take in excellent views of the local landscape at any of the scenic outdoor spots in Marion County. See unique rock formations by exploring any beautiful caverns, including the Hurricane River Caverns and Blanchard Springs Caverns. Get some of the best views of the local landscape while enjoying a relaxing horseback ride at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch. Buffalo Point is an excellent place for hiking and camping, offering some of the best local views.
For some of the best fishing and rafting opportunities, be sure to visit the Buffalo National River. The county is also home to several city parks and hunting areas.
You can be sure that your child or young adult will receive the best education in Marion County. The Yellville School District offers a variety of excellent facilities and updated computer systems. For a quiet place to study and all the reference materials you will need, be sure to visit one of the nearby libraries.
The county is currently home to 1,820 veterans.
- Marion County is home to one VFW post:
- Post-1341 Hoevel-Barnett Post – 1206 Central Blvd. bull Shoals, Arkansas 72619.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Marion County Veteran Services Office – 105 S Berry Street, #109, Yellville, Arkansas 72687.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos in Marion County. However, it is possible to get a condo through the approval process by calling (877) 432-5626, we will assist you through the process.