Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Logan County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Logan County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Logan County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Logan County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Logan County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Logan County is $87,450. Also, the median household income for residents of the county is $41,466.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Logan County, there are some minimal flood hazard areas, particularly in zones close to Petit Jean River, Blue Mountain Lake on the south side, and Lake Dardanelle and Arkansas River in the north region.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Shannon Cotton is the Logan County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 25 West Walnut St. Paris, Arkansas, 72855. Additionally, Shannon’s office can also be reached by calling (479) 963-2716.
- Arkansas has excellent programs for those who want to invest in the state and create jobs. For example, the Consolidated Incentive Act 182 provides an income tax credit to an eligible company for creating new jobs after the company has signed a financial incentive agreement with the Economic Development Commission from the state.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 21,466 is 90% White, 3% Hispanic, and 2% Asian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 20% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 8,417 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
Logan County has five cities and four towns, with the city of Paris serving as the County seat along with Booneville. The three other cities are Magazine, Ratcliff, and Scranton. Additionally, the four towns in the county are Blue Mountain, Caulksville, Marrison Bluff, and Subiaco.
About Logan County
Logan County, Arkansas, is home to industries like agriculture, tourism, and hospitality. Logan County is now an exceedingly popular site for retirees and whole families to relocate. Some reasons have to do with the county’s extraordinary natural beauty, small-town country life, and job opportunities at the small factories in the region.
In Logan County, families find high-quality education for young students. Currently, the county has ten public schools, with over 3,000 students enrolled. Moreover, excellent higher education opportunities are available just across the Arkansas River at the University of the Ozarks and the Ozark Campus of Arkansas Tech University.
Mount Magazine State Park is a favorite spot for locals and visitors to enjoy the region’s natural beauty, have a relaxing time, and experience various outdoor activities. The park offers opportunities for horseback riding, camping, rock climbing, and mountain biking.
Of course, you can enjoy a nice hike and fantastic scenic overlooks. Besides, The Lodge at Mount Magazine offers top-of-the-world accommodations and facilities. Other fascinating places to enjoy nature and outdoor life are Blue Mountain Lake and Lake Dardanelle on the north side of the county by the Arkansas River.
Furthermore, tourists and residents can enjoy the various historic landmarks and the Cowie Wine Cellars to experience some of the best wines from this incredible region.
Logan County has a veteran population of 1,476.
- Logan County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 8383 Brewer/Rollans Post – 898 North Highway 197 New Blaine, Arkansas 72851.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Logan County Veterans Service Office – 315 Main Street, Sterling, Arkansas 80751.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
At the moment, there are no VA-approved condos available in Logan County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.