Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Lawrence County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Lawrence County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Lawrence County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Lawrence County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Lawrence County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Lawrence County is $69,091. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $39,993.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in Lawrence County, particularly by Lake Charles, Black River, and its attached streams such as Flat Creek.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Becky Holder is the Lawrence County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 315 West Main St. Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, 72476. Additionally, Becky’s office can also be reached by calling 870-886-1135.
- As a homeowner, Amendment 79 and Act 142 provide that tax relief to make them eligible to receive up to $350.00 tax credit on the property that is their principal residence. Also, homeowners who are 65 years of age or older or 100% disabled may receive a freeze on their assessed value, so their taxes do not increase over the years. Mobile homeowners are also eligible.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 16,406 is 95% White, 2% Hispanic, and 1% Black.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 22% under 18 years old and 19% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 6,463 households, with an average of 2.4 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 5 large cities and communities, including Walnut Ridge, which serves as the county seat. Some other cities and towns making up this county are Imboden, Hoxie, Black Rock, and Ravenden.
About Lawrence County
Regarding education, more than 3,000 students benefit from the academic programs provided in its 10 public schools. Besides, higher education can be achieved at the historic Williams Baptist University, which is now famous for its liberal arts program.
The wide variety of rivers and lakes found in Lawrence County offer excellent outdoor opportunities for entertainment such as kayaking, rafting, and canoeing. Furthermore, in Lake Charles State Park, locals and visitors enjoy fishing, camping, and hiking.
Furthermore, the county offers many historical landmarks to visit, so tourists can benefit from its rich history and culture. Also, one of the most famous and visited annual festivals is the Lawrence County Fair, featuring rodeos, shows, exhibitions, and much more.
Lawrence County has a veteran population of 1,082.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Lawrence Veteran’s Services Office – 315 West Main Street STE 1, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are no VA-approved condos available in Lawrence County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.