Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Klamath County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2020 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $510,400 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Klamath County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Klamath County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Klamath County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Klamath County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock-in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock-in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31st, 2020, the median home value for Klamath County is $192,009. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $43,522.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $775.
- Individual Condo: $825.
- Manufactured Homes: $825.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $950.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 15 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Nathan Bigby is the Klamath county tax assessor. His office is located at 305 Main Street Klamath Falls, Oregon 975601, can be reached by calling (541) 883-5111.
- The state of Oregon offers businesses that invest and hire in enterprise zones the option to be exempt from property taxes for at least three years. In addition, the Oregon Investment Advantage program encourages new businesses that are starting as well as the ones who are relocating to the state with various incentives. For example, the program offers income tax subtraction and elimination of state income liability for new businesses for many years.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 68,238 is 77% White, 13% Hispanic, and 4% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 22% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 27,402 households, at an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has five cities, including Klamath Falls which serves as the county seat. Other cities include Bonanza, Chiloquin, Malin, and Merrill.
About Josephine County
Located on the southern edge of Oregon, Klamath County is home to excellent shopping, dining, and entertainment options. There is always a way to have fun in the county, thanks to the huge variety of local attractions! Make sure to check out all the beautiful outdoor spots in the county, including parks, waterways, and forests. An excellent education is available to everyone thanks to the great schools and educational resources. Klamath County was officially founded on October 17, 1882 and was named after the Klamath Native American tribe. The current population of the county is 66,935.
Klamath County is home to a huge a variety of local attractions that everyone is sure to love! Kla-Mo-Ya is home to all your favorite casino games in an intimate setting. Kla-Mo-Ya also offers an on-site restaurant, drink specials, and live entertainment. The Ross Ragland Theater hosts a variety of amazing stage performances throughout the year, including concerts and plays. For some fun and learning, be sure to visit any of the local museums, including the County Museum and the Favell Museum. Other great attractions in the area include the Two Rivers Art Gallery, Linkville Playhouse, and many more.
If you are a true lover of the outdoors, then you can’t miss out on any of the natural attractions in Klamath County. For some of the best views of the local landscape, be sure to check out the Brown Mountain Trail, which is a great place for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. Other beautiful trails in the area include the Link River Trail and Tomahawk Trail. Crater Lake National Park is home to many beautiful waterways and campsites. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in North America and offers excellent fishing and boating opportunities.
If you are interested in continuing your education, then be sure to check out the great schools in and nearby Klamath County. The county is home to a huge variety of educational resources, including libraries and afterschool programs. Higher education options available in the area include Klamath Community College and the Oregon Institute of Technology.
The county is currently home to 7,024 veterans, and they all have access to:
- Klamath County is home to two VFW post:
- Post 1383 Pelican Post – 515 Klamath Ave. Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
- Post 6147 Bloody Point Post – 2307 Front St. Malin, OR 97632.
- VA Medical Centers in Klamath County
- Klamath Falls VA Clinic – 2225 North El Dorade Boulevard, Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- County Veteran Assistance Information.
- Veteran Service Office – 3328 Vandenberg Road, Klamath Falls, OR 97603.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): FALCON HEIGHTS (001283)|
KLAMATH FALLS OR 97603
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 05/27/1998
Review Completion Date: 05/16/2016
Oregon VA Loan Information: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/oregon-va-home-loan-limits/
VA Loan Information by State: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/va-loan-limit-maximum-va-loan-amount/