Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Jefferson County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Jefferson County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Jefferson County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Jefferson County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Jefferson County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Jefferson County is $61,126. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $40,726.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There are some minimal flood hazard areas in Jefferson County, particularly around the Arkansas River that flow through the county and its resulting regulatory floodways and creeks such as Bayou Bartholomew.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Yvonne Humphrey is the Jefferson County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 101. W. Barraque St., Suite 111, Pine Bluff, Arkansas, 71601. Additionally, Yvonne’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 541-5334.
- The state of Arkansas provides programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For instance, Act 1042 of 2017 provides an income tax credit for each qualified youth apprentice who is at least 16 years of age and is employed to learn an occupation or is currently an apprenticeship or is at a work-based learning program.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 66,824 is 57% Black, 38% White, and 2% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 18% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 26,801 households, with an average of 2.3 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least 6 cities, including Pine Bluff, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns that make up the county are White Hall, Altheimer, Redfield, Wabbaseka, and Sherrill.
About Jefferson County
Jefferson County, Arkansas, and its seat, Pine Bluff, offer a variety of outdoor activities and entertainment. From fishing and boating to golfing and hunting in of the city’s 19 parks, the astonishing Lake Saracen, Byrd Natural Area, and of course, the Arkansas River.
Locals and tourists thoroughly enjoy the Governor Mike Huckabee Delta Rivers Nature Center. This site is designed to help visitors learn about Delta’s Heritage, wildlife, and ecology. Besides, the center is home to a 20,000-gallon aquarium and trails packed with reptiles, birds, and other species.
Jefferson County also offers other historical attractions, such as the Arkansas Railroad Museum, where visitors enjoy learning about engines, trains, and railroads.
Finally, many enjoy the magnificent murals of Pine Bluff and the annual festivals. Some of such festivals include the Crossroads Festivals held in winter, the Pine Bluff-Altheimer Blues Fest for great music, the Railroadiana with railroad exhibitions, the Southeast Arkansas Livestock Show & Rodeo, and many more.
Jefferson County has a veteran population of 4,205.
- Military Bases
- Pine Bluff Arsenal – Dayton Road, White Hall, Arkansas 71602.
- Jefferson County is home to one VFW post
- Post 4455 John & Roy Horn Post – 1518 East Harding Avenue, Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601.
- VA Medical Centers in the county
- Pine Bluff VA Clinic – 2906 Market Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Jefferson County Veterans Services – 105 South Main Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): GREENBRIAR ARMS CONDOMINIUMS (000007)|
Address: 610 GREENBRIAR DRIVE
PINE BLUFF AR 71606
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 02/07/2013
Review Completion Date: 05/06/2013
|Name (ID): SUMMERSET PLACE (000013)|
Address: #1 SUMMERSET PLACE
PINE BLUFF AR 71603
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 05/01/2017
Review Completion Date: 05/11/2017