Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Jackson County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Jackson County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Jackson County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Jackson County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Jackson County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Jackson County is $58,928. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $34,109.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Jackson County, some areas are prone to flooding and floodways, particularly in zones close to Cache River, White River, and Black River that borders the county to the northwest. Also, by some of the streams that flow from them, such as Village Creek and Departee Creek, as well as Pickett Lake and Horseshoe Lake.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Kelly Walker is the Jackson County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 208 Main St. Newport, Arkansas, 72112. Additionally, Kelly’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 523-7413.
- Arkansas is a state known for its programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For example, Act 1166 of 2011 provides an investment tax credit for any taxpayer incurring costs and expenses because of the rehabilitation or development expenditures of eligible central business improvement district property.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 16,719 is 77% White, 17% Black, and 3% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 20% under 18 years old and 18% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 6,137 households, with an average of 2.3 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 11 cities, including Newport, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns making up this county are Grubbs, Tuckerman, Swifton, Jacksonport, Amagon, Diaz, Beedeville, Campbell Station, Tupelo, Weldon.
About Jackson County
Jackson County, Arkansas is home to two quality education districts. In addition, Arkansas State University has a beautiful campus in Newport and a growing number of enrolled students.
Additionally, Jackson county has various historical landmarks and attractions. Besides, there are plenty of outdoor opportunities, such as the historic and famous Jacksonport State Park.
Locals and visitors are especially thrilled every time some festivals are organized around music and Nature. For example, country concerts are held by the river during the White River at the Portfest festival. Additionally, other shows and festivals offer rock, blues, and classical music.
Furthermore, one of Arkansas’s most extensive art shows is held in downtown Newport. Jackon County is famous for its many entertainments, outdoor activities, and of course, extraordinary hospitality.
Jackson County has a veteran population of 1,013.
- Jackson County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 4683 Collier-Massey Post – 2604 Brandenburg Lane, Newport, Arkansas 72112.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Jackson County Veterans Services – 208 Main Street, Newport, Arkansas 72112.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Jackson County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.