Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Independence County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Independence County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Independence County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Independence County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Independence County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Independence County is $103,598. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $44,319.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Independence County, there are some minimal flood hazard regions and floodway zones, especially by areas close to White River and adjacent creeks and streams such as Rutherford Creek, Buffalo Creek, Salado Creek, Dota Creek, and Departy Creek.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Diane Tucker is the Independence County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 110 Broad Street, Batesville, Arkansas, 72501. Additionally, Diana’s office can also be reached by calling (870) 793-8823.
- The state of Arkansas provides incentives for investments and job-creating companies. For example, they can become eligible for one or more of the following programs: Income Tax credit to qualified companies, Tax Credit based on the percentage of the payroll of any new employees hired (payroll includes wages, overtime, and bonuses, Tax Credit can be earned annually for 5 years, and a company can offset 50% of its income tax liability.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 37,825 is 88% White, 7% Hispanic, and 2.5% Black.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 24% under 18 years old and 18% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 14,322 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 9 cities, including Batesville, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns making up the county Newark, Pleasant Plains, Sulphur Rock, Oil Trough, Cushman, Southside, Magness, and Moorefield.
About Independence County
Independence County, Arkansas is home to an education system that ranks in the highest positions of the state every year. There are 15 public schools throughout the county, with almost 7,000 students enrolled in its academic programs.
The first higher education school established in the county was in 1872. Thus, allowing for more economic growth. Nowadays, Independence County is proud to be home to the Lyon College and the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville.
Residents call the county’s beautiful rivers and creeks “The Gateway to the Ozarks” since they lead to some astonishing natural views of the Ozark Hills, with its rolling forests and pasture landscapes. Therefore, this is a perfect location for anyone that enjoys a relaxing time in nature and outdoor activities.
Consequently, some of the activities that the county offers are boating and paddling on the White Rive Polk Bayou, rock climbing at the Jamestown Crag, and of course, biking and hiking at the many trails scared throughout the region.
On the other hand, the county has made significant efforts and investments to bring more tourism to the region. Therefore, visitors can come and enjoy its many attractions that include historic landmarks, exquisite dining, modern shopping, and entertainment. It is the perfect combination of entertainment and a small-town atmosphere.
Finally, the many natural areas surrounded by water allow for excellent hunting, golfing, and fishing. Also, many more enjoy exploring the caverns at Blanchard Springs and the extremely fun Aquatic Park, with its many water slides, pools, and lazy river.
Independence County has a veteran population of 2,498.
- Independence County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 4501 Harry B. Stokes Post – 1680 Cheney Drive, Batesville, Arkansas 72501.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Independence County Veteran Services Office – 110 Broad Street, #104, Batesville, Arkansas, 72501.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Independence County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.