Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Hinsdale County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit for Hinsdale?
2023 VA Home Loan Limit for Hinsdale is: $726,200
Check out other counties: Colorado VA Loan Information
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan in Hinsdale?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Hinsdale county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Hinsdale County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Hinsdale County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Hinsdale County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
Apply For Va Home Loan Assistance
What is the Median Home Price in Hinsdale?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for Hinsdale County is $341,490. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $56,339.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees in Hinsdale?
- Single-Family: $800.
- Individual Condo: $825.
- Manufactured Homes: $850.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $1000.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance in Hinsdale?
- The VA and lenders require properties to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- There is currently no digital data for Hinsdale County in the FEMA Flood Map Service Center. The only significant flood hazards are located around Lake Fork, which includes Lake City.
How do I learn about Property Taxes for Hinsdale?
- Luke de la Parra is the current Hinsdale County Tax Assessor. His office can be reached at 317 Henson Street, PO Box 28, Lake City, Colorado 81235.
- Colorado’s state offers Coloradoans the opportunity to be eligible for the Property Tax, Rent, Heat Credit Rebate (PTC Rebate). Some basic requirements are that applicants live in Colorado for at least one year, be 65 years or older, or the surviving spouse of 58 years of age, or a disabled person. Income and expenses will guide how much is given in the rebate.
What is the Population in Hinsdale?
- The county’s population of 820 is 88% White, 5.7% Hispanic, and 3% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 15% under 18 years old and 31% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 377 households, with an average of 2.2 people per household.
What are the major cities in Hinsdale?
The County has one town, the town of Lake City, which also serves as the county seat.
About Hinsdale County
Most of Hinsdale County is made up of parts of several different national forests and the Weminuche Wilderness Area. The national forests that makeup Hinsdale are the Gunnison National Forest, the Rio Grande National Forest, the San Juan National Forest, and the Uncompahgre National Forest.
Hinsdale County is also the location of several hiking trails where visitors can enjoy the sites of nature that Colorado has to offer. The Continental Divide Trail is a 3,100-mile-long trail that runs between Mexico and Canada. In Hinsdale, the Continental Divide Trail passes through many of the highest regions of the San Juan Mountains.
The County’s economy depends on its largest employment industries: Construction, Public Administration, and Accommodation. As a result, the most common types of jobs are in the Construction, Management, and Office Administration occupations.
Furthermore, when it comes to education, the County’s small size only allows for one school district currently in existence. The one school district in the County is the Hinsdale County School District No. RE-1, which administers one school with about eighty students in total. Thankfully neighboring counties have more educational opportunities for residents.
The county is currently home to 68 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Hinsdale County Veterans Service Office – 307 Lake City, CO 81235.
VA Home Loan Information
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Hinsdale County. However, if you’re interested in getting a condo through the condo approval process, call us at (877) 432-5626. Our team will assist you through the process.