Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Glenn County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Glenn County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Glenn County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Glenn County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Glenn County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Glenn County is $266,916. In addition, the median household income for residents of the County is $49,633.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- The flood zones in Glenn County are mostly along the rivers, creeks, and irrigation paths. An agent can help you find out whether a property is in a flood area.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Sendy Perez is the current Glenn County, tax assessor. Her office is located at 516 West Sycamore Street, Willows, California 95988.
- Veterans, owner-occupiers, and senior citizens may be eligible for property tax relief. You can find out whether you qualify through the county assessor. In addition, the Assessor’s Office can do re-appraisals to determine property values and flood risks.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, Glenn County’s population is 28,393, which includes 1,411 veterans. Demographically speaking, the County’s population is 50% White, 42% Hispanic, and 3% American Indian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 26% under 18 years old and 15% older than 65.
- In total, the County has about 10,085 households, with an average of 2.7 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The County has two cities, including the city of Willows, which serves as the county seat. The one other city in the County is Orland.
About Glenn County
Glenn County is a small, rural county in Northern California. Residents say they choose to live there because they love the lifestyle. What is the typical Glenn County lifestyle? It’s working hard to produce wholesome food and other products that serve your community and the world. Then, it’s taking the time to celebrate outdoors with a good, local beer and some California sunshine.
In addition to its status as an agricultural giant, Glenn County is a great place for small businesses. The County has adopted business-friendly practices. Also, the Glenn Grows organization provides mentorship, hiring help, and incubator office space for growing companies.
Local businesses in Glenn can also benefit from Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. Whether you need working capital to get your business off the ground or a term loan to expand your microbrewery, an SBA loan can get you the funds you need to keep your small business competitive.
Glenn County also benefits from being close to the city of Chico. Students from the County can make their way east to Chico State University. Also, the local K-12 schools boat small class sizes and specialize in agricultural education. Even the University of California at Davis, which is world-renowned for its farming and veterinary programs, is only a short drive south.
Still, you do not have to go far to find something to do in Glenn County. The County is home to miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails. You can explore the Mendocino National Forest to your heart’s content. Also, Thunder hill Raceway Park provides thrills for people who like life a bit more fast-paced.
Furthermore, Glenn County hosts plenty of exciting events throughout the year. From car shows to rodeos, there is always something coming to town. Also, the city of Willows is known for its spectacular 4th of July fireworks.
The County is currently home to 1,411 veterans.
- Glenn County is home to two VFW post:
- Post-1770 Leslie Johnson Post – 525 W Sycamore Street, Willows, California 95988.
- Post-1992 Kenneth C. Morrissey Post – 320 Third Street, Orland, California 95963.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Glenn County Veteran Service Office – 525 W Sycamore Street A, Willows, California 95988.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos in Glenn County although it is possible to get a condo through the condo approval process. Call us at (877) 432-5626 and we will help you through the process.