Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Cross County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Cross County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Cross County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Cross County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Cross County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Cross County is $91,240. Also, the median household income for residents of the county is $46,787.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- At the moment, there is no digital data available for Cross County. Yet, there could be areas prone to minimal flood hazard areas by zones close to waterways such as the St. Francis River and its attached streams.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Sherri Williams is the Cross County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 705 E Union Ave, Wynne, Arkansas, 72396 and calling (870) 238-5715.
- Arkansas is a state known for its programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For example, Act 1166 of 2011 provides an investment tax credit for any taxpayer incurring costs and expenses because of rehabilitation or development expenditures of eligible central business improvement district property.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, Cross County’s population is 16,419, which saw an 8% decline in the past decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 72% of the population is White, with 23% made up by the African American community, and 2% are Latino or Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 23% under 18 years old and 19% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 6,653 households, with an average of 2.49 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least six large cities and communities, including Arkansas City, which serves as the county seat. Other cities and towns making up the county are Dumas, McGehee, Mitchellville, Tillar, and Watson.
About Desha County
Desha County is located on the southeastern edge of Arkansas and is a great place for those looking for somewhere quiet to settle down. The county is home to a huge variety of amazing attractions, including museums, recreation centers, and more. Make sure to check out all the amazing historical landmarks and structures in the county, perfect for avid history buffs.
Make sure to visit all the fun and interesting attractions in Desha County, where everyone is sure to have a great time. The World War II Japanese American Internment Museum, which features educational programs, educational videos, art exhibits, and more. The Desha County Museum is another great place to learn about local history, featuring antique musical instruments, photographs, documents, and more. Special events and art exhibits are also housed at the County Museum.
Additionally, the Arkansas City Commercial District is home to many beautiful historic structures, most dating back to 1900. Historic structures located within the Arkansas City Commercial District include the Red Star Grocery and the Ramus Brothers Market. The Dickinson-Moore House is a beautiful historic home that has been standing in the county since 1915 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 1, 2011. Other historic landmarks in the county include the County Courthouse, Dumas Commercial Historic District, and many more.
If you are a fan of the outdoors, then you will love the many scenic outdoor spots in Desha County. The White River National Wildlife Refuge is home to miles of scenic trails, where you can see amazing wildlife and wetlands. The White River National Wildlife Refuge also features over 300 lakes and thousands of acres of grasslands. Other beautiful waterways and parks can be found in the county.
Desha County has a veteran population of 495.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Desha County Veterans Service Office – 901 Holly Street, McGehee, Arkansas 71654.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
No VA-approved condos are available in Desha County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.