Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Cross County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Cross County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Cross County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Cross County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Cross County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Cross County is $91,240. Also, the median household income for residents of the county is $46,787.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- At the moment, there is no digital data available for Cross County. Yet, there could be areas prone to minimal flood hazard areas by zones close to waterways such as the St. Francis River and its attached streams.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Sherri Williams is the Cross County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 705 E Union Ave, Wynne, Arkansas, 72396 and calling (870) 238-5715.
- Arkansas is a state known for its programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For example, Act 1166 of 2011 provides an investment tax credit for any taxpayer incurring costs and expenses because of rehabilitation or development expenditures of eligible central business improvement district property.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, Cross County’s population is 16,419, which saw an 8% decline in the past decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 72% of the population is White, with 23% made up by the African American community, and 2% are Latino or Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 23% under 18 years old and 19% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 6,653 households, with an average of 2.49 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has four large cities or communities, including Wynne, which serves as the county seat. The other cities and towns essential to the county’s life are Cherry Valley, Parkin, and Hickory Ridge.
About Cross County
Cross County, Arkansas, benefits significantly from being close to so many University of Arkansas campuses, one of the most awarded higher education institutions.
One of the most popular sites that locals enjoy and attract many tourists is Village Creek State Park. This is an astonishing 7,000-acre natural land that offers endless outdoor entertainment possibilities. Some of the attractions include camping, fishing, water sports at two lakes, picnic areas, theaters, cabins, a museum, a gulf course, and even stable facilities.
Moreover, the Witts burg Natural Area is a great site to experience nature and its unique vegetation, such as beech and maple trees. However, what makes this place incredible and one of a kind is the fantastic natural show of tulips.
Cross County has a veteran population of 976.
- Cross County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 4566 Futrell-Killough Post – 1715 Cindy Lane, Wynne, Arkansas 72396.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Cross County Office of Veteran Affairs – 705 Union Avenue E Ste 4, Wynne, Arkansas 72396.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Cross County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process give us a call at (888)573-4496.