Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Crittenden County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Crittenden county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Crittenden County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Crittenden County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Crittenden County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Crittenden County is $109,437. Also, the median household income for residents of the county is $19,074.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Crittenden County, some areas are subject to flooding, especially on the east border, where the great Mississippi River runs and its attached creeks and streams.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Kimberly Hollowell is the Crittenden County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 250 Pine St #1, Marion, Arkansas, 72364 and by calling (870) 739-3606.
- The state of Arkansas provides incentives for investments and job-creating companies. For example, they can become eligible for one or more of the following programs: Income Tax credit to qualified companies, Tax Credit based on the percentage of the payroll of any new employees hired (payroll includes wages, overtime, and bonuses, Tax Credit can be earned annually for five years, and a company can offset 50% of its income tax liability.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 47,955 is 55% Black, 41% White, and 3% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 27% under 18 years old and 14% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 19,074 households, with an average of 2.52 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has at least four large cities, including Marion, which serves as the county seat. Among the largest cities or towns are West Memphis, Earle, Crawfordsville, and Turrell.
About Crittenden County
Crittenden County, Arkansas, is home to West Memphis, the largest city and county seat, has become a financial center and home to industrial and business development; thus, it allowed local families to enjoy an increased quality of life.
Since a significant number of families choose Crittenden County to live in, more than 10,000 students are receiving academic instruction at the 20 public schools available in the county. Moreover, an higher education option for residents is the Arkansas State University Mid-South at West Memphis, besides the various campus of the University of Arkansas located throughout the state.
The second largest lake in Arkansas is located in this county, namely, Horseshoe Lake. This is a perfect destination for fishing panfish and bass and boating, camping, and enjoying the beauty of the cypress trees. Plus, the closeness to the Mississippi River shore features hotels and casinos.
Another fantastic option for outdoor activities is the Wapanocca National Wildlife Refuge, home to a 1,800-acre area of protected vegetation and wildlife, both in the water and dry land.
Of course, one of the most popular sites that attract locals and visitors for entertainment is the Southland Greyhound dog-racing park.
Crittenden County has a veteran population of 2,318.
- Crittenden County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 5225 Marion-West Memphis Post – 406 South Avalon Street, West Memphis, Arkansas 72301.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Crittenden County Veterans Service Office – 100 Court Street, Marion, Arkansas 72364.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Crittenden County Arkansas. For more information about the VA condo approval process, give us a call at (888)573-4496.