Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Crawford County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Crawford county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Crawford County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Crawford County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Crawford County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Crawford County is $127,938. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $46,828.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Crawford County, there are some areas of minimal flood hazard, particularly by Frog Bayou that goes from the southwest to the northeast. Also, in the northeast, the areas are surrounding Hurricane Creek and Pigeon Creek. Besides, another area is Little Mulberry Creek on the east side of the county.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Sandra Heiner is the Crawford county tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 300 Main St #8, Van Buren, Arkansas, 72956. In addition, Sandra’s office can also be reached by calling (479)-474-1751.
- Homeowners in Arkansas may receive a homestead property tax credit of up to $375 per year and must apply for the credit with the county assessor’s office to receive such a benefit.
What is the Population?
- As of 2019, Crawford County’s population is 63,257, which saw a 2% increase over the past decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 83% of the population is White, with 8% made up by the Latino community, and almost 3% is Native American.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, 24% under 18 years old, and 17% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 23,958 households, with an average of 2.5 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has seven cities, including Van Buren, which serves as the county seat. The county has other important cities and towns such as Alma Cedarville, Dyer, Kibler, Mountainburg, Mulberry, Chester, and Rudy.
About Crawford County
Crawford County, Arkansas, is home to a Courthouse listed in the National Historic Register, one of the oldest active county official buildings in the Mississippi regions since its construction dates back to 1842.
Historic Van Buren attracts many visitors every year to appreciate the ancient and restored buildings. Movie producers have chosen this site to make movies because of the town’s historical beauty.
The mains streets and squares downtown offer locals and visitors interesting things to do and enjoy. For example, many admire the Victorian-style buildings, antique stores, art galleries, the River Valley Museum, an ancient excursion train, and other cultural attractions like the King Opera House, which is more than 1000 years old restored in the 1970s to offer a variety of plays.
When it comes to indoor and outdoor entertainment, residents and tourists can enjoy various activities at the Field of Dreams Athletic Complex. Dr. Louis Peer Memorial City Park, Drennen-Scott Historic Site museum, the Lee Creek Reservoir, and Cedars Country Club offer fantastic recreational opportunities.
Crawford County has a veteran population of 4,298.
- Crawford County is home to two VFW post:
- Post-1322 Robert Jack Post – 23 North 20th Street, Van Buren, Arkansas 72956.
- Post 8855 W.V. Hammond Post – Hwy 71, Mountainburg, Arkansas 72946.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Crawford County Veterans Service Office – 300 Main Street, Room 4, Van Buren, Arkansas 72956.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Crawford County Arkansas. For information about the VA condo approval process, give us a call at (888)573-4496.