Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Clear Creek County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $596,850 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Clear Creek county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA mortgage loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Clear Creek County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Clear Creek County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Clear Creek County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for Clear Creek County is $428,788. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $67,060.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $750.
- Individual Condo: $775.
- Manufactured Homes: $800.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $950.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Clear Creek County, there are flood hazards located around Couth Clear Creek, Clear Creek, and West Fork Clear Creek in lower elevation areas.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Diane Settle is the Clear Creek County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 405 Argentine Street, PO Box 2000, Georgetown, Colorado 80444.
- Colorado State offers Coloradoans the opportunity to be eligible for the Property Tax, Rent, Heat Credit Rebate (PTC Rebate). Some basic requirements are that applicants live in Colorado for at least one year, be 65 years or older, or the surviving spouse of 58 years of age, or a disabled person. Income and expenses will guide how much is given in the rebate.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 9,700 is 87% White, 7.6% Hispanic, and 2.2% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 15% under 18 years old and 21% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 4,395 households, with an average of 2.1 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The County has one city and three towns, including Georgetown, which serves as the county seat. The two other towns in the County are Empire and Silver Plume’s towns, with the one city being Idaho Springs.
About Clear Creek County
Named after the creek that runs through the county, Clear Creek County was created by the Colorado legislature on Nov. 1, 1861. It was one of the 17 original counties created in Colorado. Clear Creek County is located 14,000 feet above sea level and was a major site of gold and silver mining in the 1850s.
Clear Creek County is the location of several national protected areas. Pike National Forest, Roosevelt National Forest, James Peak Wilderness, and Mount Evans Wilderness can all be found in Clear Creek County. The county also offers many scenic walking, hiking, and biking trails.
When it comes to education, the County served by only one school county in Clear Creek School District. This school district has four schools, two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. All these schools within the district offer education to more than 760 students every year. The school district also enjoys an average student to teacher ratio of 13 to 1, which allows for more targeted education for students with different learning styles.
Furthermore, the County is filled with several outside recreational opportunities which provide fun activities for the whole family to enjoy. These activities include AVA Rafting & Colorado Zipline Tours, the Colorado Adventure Center Rafting + Zipline Aventures, and Lawson Adventure Park and Resort.
The county is currently home to 634 veterans.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Clear Creek County Veterans Service Office – 1533 Colorado Blvd. Idaho Springs, CO 80452.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos available in Clear Creek County. However, it is impossible to get a condo in the county by putting it through the condo approval process. Call us at (877) 432-5626 and we will assist you through the condo approval process.