Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Ashley County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Ashley county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Ashley County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Ashley County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Ashley County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of January 31, 2020, the median home value for Ashley County is $62,645. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $44,744.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Ashley County, there are some minimal flood hazard areas in the southwest side by the regions surrounding Hanks Creek and the East Fork West Creek, which also borders to the west by the Jack Stell Field Airport. Also, some other minimal flood hazard areas are on the northeast side around zones surrounding Chemin-A-Haut Creek and the U.S. 82 E Highway.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Beth Rush is the Ashley County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at Ashley County Courthouse 205 East Jefferson Street, Hamburg, Arkansas 71646. Besides, Beth’s office can also be reached by calling at (870) 853-2060 Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- A property owner may claim only one property tax credit, which is homestead credit, in the state of Arkansas. The Ashley County Tax Collector will be sending a revised tax statement to the owner of the property’s record in question, for the $350 property tax credit plus interest for all the years that the credit was received. A person could be eligible to receive the tax credit on a primary/homestead property, and only on one property per taxpayer.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 19,657 is 68% White, 24% Black, and 5% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 22% under 18 years old and 20% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 7,757 households, with an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 9 cities, including the city of Hamburg, which serves as the county seat. This city practices small-town values and loves to preserve its historical and natural heritage. The biggest city is Crossett, which is also known as the Forestry Capital of the South.
About Ashley County
Ashley County, Arkansas is home to six protected areas with historical features and outdoor entertainment opportunities such as log cabins, one-room schoolhouses, community centers, and museums that capture its culture and history. For instance, the Ashley County Museum is dedicated to this purpose
There are also various events and outdoor activities throughout the year. For example, the city of Hamburg is home to the annual World-Famous Armadillo Festival. Also, many visitors come to Hamburg to celebrate the Holidays or just to do some shopping have a relaxing time.
Furthermore, in Hamburg, many come to enjoy the Ashley County Fair during the first weekend in September at the Ashley County Fairgrounds. Visitors look forward to the rodeo and the Miss Ashley County pageant. Similarly, in August, Crossett’s town is home to the Crossett Rodeo and in October, as well as the Wiggins Cabin Arts and Crafts Festival, every year.
Ashley County is known as a military town with a current veteran population of 973.
- Ashley County is home to one VFW Post
- Post 9360 Preston Malloy Post – 183 Ashley Road, 465 Hamburg, AR 71646.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Veteran Service Office – 205 East Jefferson Street #13 Hamburg, Arkansas 71646.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are currently no VA-approved condos available in Ashley County Arkansas. For more information about VA home loans give us a call at (888)573-4496.