Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Amador County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down up to $5,000,000* (Subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250* (Call 888-573-4496 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Amador County. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA house loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Amador County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Amador County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Amador County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of March 31, 2021, the median home value for Amador County is $351,355. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $62,772.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $600.
- Individual Condo: $600.
- Manufactured Homes: $600.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $850.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 7 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- For Amador, most of the flood zones are in the overflow areas of Sutter Creek. However, you can work with your agent to find out whether a property you’re looking at is in a flood area.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Jim Rooney is the tax assessor for Amador County with his office at 810 Court Street, Jackson, California 95642. His office is also reachable by calling (209) 223-6351.
- Veterans in Amador County may be eligible for property tax exemptions. In addition, three is tax relief for seniors age 55 or older. You can apply for these exemptions through the County Assessor’s office.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 39,752 is 77% White, 14% Hispanic, and 3.4% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 15% under 18 years old and 27% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 14,594 households, with an average of 2.3 people per household.
What are the major cities?
There are five cities in Amador County, and the city of Jackson serving as the County seat. The four other cities in the county are Amador City, Ione, Plymouth, and Sutter Creek.
About Amador County
Known as “The Heart of the Mother Lode,” Amador County was founded in1854, during the height of the California Gold Rush. Today, this county, located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, is known for its vineyards and wineries. The wine-making industry is one of the pillars of the local economy. Many of these vineyards are over 100 years old.
The original driving force behind the numerous wineries was the surplus of gold mines that attracted heavy migration, entrepreneurial Americans, seeking to take advantage of the influx of people established their fortune through the sale and distribution of alcohol. The Shenandoah Valley is home to over 40 different wineries, renowned for the Zinfandel it produces.
In addition, since it is only about 45 miles from Sacramento, the county supports the active tourism and vacation industry. The historical buildings, dating back to the Gold Rush, draw tourists from all over. Historical sites such as the Kennedy Mine, Chew Kee Store, and Knight Foundry provide a window into the past.
Other popular travel destinations include the antique shops on Jackson Main Street, the Old Mill Shopping Center, and the Jackson Rancheria casino. Outdoor activities abound in Amador County, including camping, fishing, picnicking, ATV riding, hiking, kayaking, and horseback riding, to name just a few. Beyond recreational activities, Amador County has a lot to offer families.
The county’s cities are safe and have low crime, while the schools offer many opportunities for local children. There are magnet schools for both science and performing arts. In addition, the county has an adult education program so that residents can benefit from lifelong learning.
Furthermore, Amador County has a supportive local business community. Throughout the county, from Ione to Sutter Creek, they all celebrate “Plaid Fridays.” On Fridays, local businesses offer special deals to residents who show up wearing plaid.
The county is currently home to 3,810 veterans.
- Amador County is home to one VFW post:
- Post 8254 Ione Memorial Post – 207 South Amador Street, Ione, California 95640.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Amador Veterans Services Office – 10877 Conductor Blvd, Suite 700, Sutter Creek, California, 95685.
Apply for a VA Home Loan
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
Currently, there are no VA-approved condos in Amador County. However, it is still possible to get a condo approved in the county. Call us at (877) 432-5626, and our team of experts will assist you through the process.