Clay County Real Estate Search
The 2018 $0 down, VA home loan limit for Clay County is $453,100.
The property search is still being worked on. Please call 888-573-4496 for a list of VA approved homes for sale.
About Clay County
Clay County, Alabama is located in the central eastern section of Alabama. About 13,486 (est.) people live there. The county is named after Henry Clay, a former member of the U.S. Senate.
The county has no highways. Places to visit include the Cheaha State Park, Lake Wedowee, and the Talladega National Forest. The Talladega National Forest has the Pinhoti Trail system for hikers as well as deer, bald eagles, and turkeys.
About 1,095 veterans live in this county. The median household income is $34,556. If you are thinking about buying a home in Clay County, you can expect to pay about $80,600.
Clay County has a National Guard office in Ashland.
veteran, VA home loan, mortgage, Clay County, Alabama
If you want to apply for a VA home loan, start the process by clicking here.
Post 9581 Clay County Post
PO Box 261
Ashland, AL 36251-0261
Phone: (256) 354-7382
Meeting Location & Time
88694 Hwy 9 North
Lineville, AL 36266
6:00 P M 3rd Thursday
Quartermaster: Gerald Boddie
Commander: Lonnie Schlosser
Maximum VA Appraisal Fees Allowable in Clay County
- Single Family: $425
- Condominium: $425
- Manufactured Home: $425
- Duplex Family: $575
- Triplex Family: $550
- Fourplex Family: $600
- Repair Certification: $100
Approved Clay County Condominiums
There are no VA approved condos in Clay County. If you would like to have a condo approved, click here.
Links for this county page:
- Alabama VA Loan Information: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/alabama-military-mortgage-home-loan-limits/
- VA Loan Information by State: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/va-loan-limit-maximum-va-loan-amount/
- Clay County site: http://alabamaclaycounty.com/
- Clay County Chamber of Commerce: http://alabamaclaycounty.com/chamber/
- County tax site: http://claycountyrevenue.com/