Franklin County was named after Benjamin Franklin.
Some places to visit include Dismals Canyon, a Natural Conservatory; Bear Creek Lakes, a place to fish, camp, swim, and go boating; and the Red Bay Museum.
About 31,532 people live in Franklin County and about 2,066 veterans live there. The median household income is $37,235. If you buy a home in this county, you can expect to pay around $82,000.
There are many single-family homes, manufactured homes, and empty lots to build on in Franklin County.
Find Your Dream Home
Contact VA Home Loan Centers to be matched with a licensed real estate agent.
Franklin County Property Search
Belgreen, Hodges, Phil Campbell, Red Bay, Russellville, Vina, Tharptown
This section is being worked on. Please call 888-573-4496 to request a list of VA approved properties.
Maximum VA Appraisal Fess Allowable in Franklin County
- Single Family: $425
- Condominium: $425
- Manufactured Home: $425
- Duplex Family: $575
- Triplex Family: $550
- Fourplex Family: $600
- Repair Certification: $100
Post 5184 Kelley-Dickinson Post
399 High Pine Dr
Russellville, AL 356548015
Phone: (256) 332-3540
Meeting Location & Time
West Lawrence Street
Russellville, AL 35654
7:00 PM 4th Thursday
Quartermaster: Barry Moore
Commander: William Jackson
VA Approved Condos in Franklin County
There have been no condos approved by the VA in Franklin County. If you would like to have a condo approved, click here.
Links for this page:
- Alabama VA Loan Information: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/alabama-military-mortgage-home-loan-limits/
- VA Loan Information by State: https://www.vahomeloancenters.org/va-loan-limit-maximum-va-loan-amount/
- County site: http://www.franklincountyal.org/
- Chamber of Commerce: http://www.franklincountychamber.org/
- Property tax: http://revenue.alabama.gov/advalorem/countyoffices/franklin.cfm