Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Cleburne County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Cleburne county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Cleburne County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Cleburne County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Cleburne County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of February 28, 2021, the median home value for Cleburne County is $157,255. Also, the median household income for residents of the county is $44,483.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Cleburne County, there are areas of minimal flood hazard in areas surrounding the Greers Ferry Lake, which takes up a big porting of this beautiful county.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Judy Land is the Cleburne County tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 320 West Main Street Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543. Additionally, Judy’s office can also be reached by calling at (501) 362-8147, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm.
- The state of Arkansas provides programs and tax credits to incentivize job growth. For instance, Act 1042 of 2017 provides an income tax credit for each qualified youth apprentice who is at least 16 years of age and is employed to learn an occupation or is currently an apprenticeship or is at a work-based learning program. To receive such benefits, a taxpayer must obtain a certification from the Office of Apprenticeship of the U.S. Department of Labor or the Department of Career Education.
- A taxpayer who employs an apprentice is allowed an income tax credit for $2,000 or 10% of the youth apprentice’s wages, whichever is less, for each apprentice.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 24,919 is 94% White, 2.5% Hispanic, and 1.7% Mixed Race.
- Most county residents are 18 to 65 years old, 18% under 18 years old, and 27% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 10,783 households, with an average of 2.3 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has four cities, including Heber Springs, which serves as the county seat. Other important cities in the county are Fairfield Bay, Greers Ferry, and Quitman
About Cleburne County
Cleburne County, Arkansas, is home to several amenities here are fishing and enjoying a boat ride on the famous Greers Ferry Lake. It is also possible to take hikes at Sugar Loaf Mountain, explore the Indian Rock with its magnificent rock formations and historical caves, as well as the caverns at Blanchard Springs and the Ozark National Forest. But if you are a golfing admirer, you will find a couple of professional courses.
Also, Fairfield Bay is home to the Indian Rock House Cave and Trail, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. Close by Greers Ferry Dam, when the 40,000 acres Greers Ferry Lake was formed. It significantly changed this north-central region of the states. The resulting dam was inaugurated in 1963 by President John F. Kennedy.
This town is also home to first-class Harbor, professional tennis courts, huge pools, miniature golf, gyms, a library, and a country club to enjoy fantastic food.
The heritage, knowledge, and abilities unique to this part of the country have been brought together at one place in Heber Springs, namely, the Ruland Junction Toy Train Museum. Locals and visitors can admire a replica of an old train station with eyebrow windows outside its premises.
The county’s great climate provides comfort throughout the whole year. July is the warmest month, and January is the coldest. The popular events year-round include Blooming’ in the Bay at springtime, Surf the Bay in the summertime, Independence Day, Fall Festivals, Holiday festivals, concerts, theatre functions, and much more.
Thanks to its wide streets, trails, golf fields, boat experiences, and fishing at all seasons, Cleburne County is home to a varied and growing community. Both residents and tourists enjoy a peaceful lifestyle and opportunities for life-long memories.
Cleburne County has a veteran population of 2,259.
- Cleburne County is home to two VFW Post
- Post 3543 Leonard Stark Post – 1989 Heber Springs Road, North Tumbling Shoals, Arkansas 72581.
- Post 7514 Rice-Young Post – 1295 Bee Branch Rd. Quitman, AR 72131
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Cleburne County Veterans Affairs Office – 2319 HWY 110 West, Suite B, Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): SOUTHRIDGE VILLAGE CONDOS (C00511)|
Address: 301 SOUTHRIDGE PKWY 2
HEBER SPRINGS AR 72543
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 04/17/2008
Review Completion Date: 06/01/2008
|Name (ID): THE ORCHARDS (000029)|
Address: 915 HIGHWAY 25B
HEBER SPRINGS AR 72543
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 03/05/2020
Review Completion Date: 03/08/2020