Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Carroll County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Carroll county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Carroll County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Carroll County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Carroll County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of January 31, 2021, the median home value for Carroll County is $149,900. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $46,110.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Carroll County, there are some minimal flood hazard areas on the north side where the City of Berryville is located, more specifically in areas along water branches. Close to the center of the county, there are minimal flooding areas as well where the Osage Creek is located, and in the south in regions along Piney Creek and county road 560.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Jo-Ann Harris is the Carroll county tax assessor. His office can be reached at 108 Spring St, Berryville, AR 72616, United States. In addition, her office can also be reached by calling (870)-423-6400.
- As part of a tax relief program, homeowners in Arkansas may receive up to a $350.00 property tax credit on their homesteads. Eligibility for the credit is confined to a homeowner’s principal place of residence. A homeowner is any resident who the registered owner of in record, by deed or by the recorded sales contract, or the beneficiary of a revocable trust owning the homestead. Nursing homes or retirement center residents who own a home are also eligible for the credit, as are people who have deeded their homes to others while retaining a right to live in it until they die.
What is the Population?
- Carroll County’s population is 28,380, which has seen a 3.4% increase over the past decade. Moreover, demographically speaking, 78% of the population is white, with 15% of the Hispanic community, and 2% are of Asian descent.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 21% under 18 years old and 23% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 11,139 households, with an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 3 cities. There are two county seats in Carroll County, which are in Berryville and Eureka Springs. Besides, other important cities and towns are Green Forrest, Alpena, Beaver, Blue Eye, and Oak Grove.
About Carroll County
Located on the northern edge of Arkansas, Carroll County is a beautiful place to call home and features a multitude of excellent resources. The county offers a huge variety of local attractions that can’t be missed, including museums, a pool, and more. Make sure to check out all the interesting historical landmarks and structures in the county, some of which have been standing since the early 1900s.
Today, Carroll County hosts many exciting events throughout the year! The county was officially founded on November 1, 1833, and was named after Charles Carroll of Carrollton, who signed the Declaration of Independence. The current population of the county is 27,944, including a veteran population of 2,740.
Additionally, have the time of your life at any of the fun and interesting attractions in Carroll County! The Carroll County Heritage Center Museum is a great place to learn about local history, featuring many interesting exhibits, including a moonshine still, one-room schoolhouse, general store, and more.
Other great museums in the area include the Saunders Museum and the Memory Lane Museum. For some of the best golfing opportunities, be sure to visit the County Country Club. Other great attractions in the county include the Town and Country Bowling Center and the Berryville City Pool.
Have fun while learning about local history at any of the amazing historical landmarks in Carroll County. The W.D. Crawford House has been standing in the county since 1900 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 20, 1992.
The Berryville Commercial Historic District is home to many interesting historic structures, including the County Courthouse and the Berryville Post Office. Other historical landmarks in the county include the Blue Spring Shelter, Berryville Gymnasium, Concord School House, and many more.
In the end, people of all ages are sure to have a great time at all the exciting events held in Carroll County. The Annual County Fair is a local favorite, featuring great food, arts and crafts vendors, fun games, and more. Live entertainment hosted at the County Fair includes a rodeo and live music. Another local favorite the Ice Cream Social, which offers fun rides, games, and all the ice cream you can eat!
Carroll County is known as a military town with a current veteran population of 2,325.
- Carroll County is home to three VFW post:
- Post 7518 Thomas Lee Hoover – 109 Bunch Springs Road, Berryville, Arkansas 72616.
- Post 77 Holiday Island – 4 Park Drive, Holiday Island, Arkansas 72631.
- Post 300 Carrollton – 2842 CR 912, Alpena, Arkansas 72611.
- County Veteran Assistance Information
- Carroll County Veterans Service Center – 210 West Church Avenue, Berryville, Arkansas 72616.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
|Name (ID): HUNTINGTON WAY CONDOMINIUMS (000010)|
Address: 50 PIVOT ROCK ROAD
EUREKA SPRINGS AR 72632
Status: Accepted Without Conditions
Request Received Date: 02/17/2016
Review Completion Date: 03/09/2016