Table of Contents
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
- What is the Median Home Price?
- What are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Do I need Flood Insurance?
- How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- What is the Population?
- What are the major cities?
- About Arkansas County
- Veteran Information
- Apply for a VA Home Loan
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Arkansas county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Arkansas County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Give us a call at (877) 432-5626 and we’ll get your COE for you.
- Are you applying for a refinance loan? Check out our complete guide to VA Refinancing.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Arkansas County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Arkansas County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal to lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of January 31st, 2021, the median home value for Arkansas County is $82,941. Furthermore, the median household income for residents of the county is $46,696.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $500.
- Individual Condo: $500.
- Manufactured Homes: $550.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $550.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 10 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- In Arkansas County, there are some minimal flood hazard areas. On the northeast side, the flood areas surround the La Grue Bayou River, which continues all the way down to the southeast and across highway 1 and by the Caney Bayou, which is close to the airport. The minimal flood hazard areas are by Elm Brank Creek on the northwest, which borders with the Hillman Reservoir. Finally, on the southwest side and by the City of Dewit, the minimal flood hazard zones include areas by the creeks or canals: Litle La Grue Bayou, Prices Branch, Holt Branch.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- Marcia I Theis is the Arkansas county tax assessor. Her office can be reached at 101 Court Square DeWitt, AR 72042, and at 312 S College St, Stuttgart, AR 72160. Also, Marcia’s office can be reached by calling (870)-946-1795.
- In the state of Arkansas, homeowners may receive a homestead property tax credit of up to $375 per year. Such credit applies to the “homestead,” a person’s dwelling place used as their principal place of residence. The homestead property may be owned by a revocable or irrevocable trust. To apply for the credit, homeowners can do so through the county assessor’s office.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 17,486 is 69% White, 25% Black, and 3% Hispanic.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 23% under 18 years old and 20% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 7,491 households, with an average of two people per household.
What are the major cities?
The county has 5 cities, including the city of DeWitt that serves as the county seat. This city is the center of the DeWitt School District, which is the largest district in the state when it comes to regional size. Stuttgart is the next biggest city in the county, also known as the duck and rice capital of the world.
About Arkansas County
Different state agencies own and maintain areas of natural and cultural value for the enjoyment and use of residents and visitors of Arkansas County, Arkansas. The county has several facilities, monuments, and museums dedicated to preserving these beautiful sites’ history and culture.
The county’s two farmer’s markets are great for getting fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts. They can be found in Stuttgart at the North Market on Main and Sixth streets and in DeWitt at the South Market on Highway 165. They are open from May through October, every year, for your enjoyment.
Each Thanksgiving week, the most popular event is the World’s Championship Duck Calling Contest and Wings Over during the Prairie Festival. Hosted by the city of Stuttgart, which follows this tradition that dates to the Indians from Illinois. Popular with Arkansans and tourist hunters worldwide are the many annual hunting trips throughout Arkansas state. Plus, the Arkansas County Fair has been held annually since 1938 at the Arkansas County Fairgrounds in DeWitt during mid-September.
Arkansas County has a current veteran population of 1,018.
VA Home Loan Information
- For more information about VA Home Loans and how to apply, click here.
- If you meet the VA’s eligibility requirements, you will be able to enjoy some of the best government-guaranteed home loans available.
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are currently no VA-approved condos available within the county. However, for more information about VA loans and possibly getting a condo approved in the county call us at (877) 432-5626.